Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Blog #11

To find Mark Twain quotes, I literally googled " Mark Twain Quotes."  I clicked on the first site, and from there on read the first quote.  Reading the first quote was all I had to read.  It applied to me perfectly and I was actually just going what this quote says at the same instant.  It was kind of weird. 
The quote is: "A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval."  This really applies to me.  For some reason I am extremely hard on myself.  People will tell me good job, and I will just shrug it off because in my opinion it was not good enough.  Mr. Weiderkehr reminded me of this the other day.  Math has never been challenging for me until these past few weeks.  I have spent multiple hours in his room trying to get help.  At one point I was so angry at myself for not understanding the math.  Eventually Mr. Weiderkehr told me that I can only do as best as I can.  I have to accept myself for who I am and what I am capable of.  I cannot be perfect at everything, so I need to accept myself before I can truly be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment