Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Blog #13

Advice is always something I enjoy giving haha. My first word of advice is to try and be friends with your students.  Say hi to them if you see them (unless you don't like them of course, just kidding.)  I know from my experience, it makes working with teachers a lot easier if they are friendly to you.  It is simple logic.  If you are kind to someone they are typically kind back.  Teachers need all the help they can get when it comes to gaining respect especially with some classes from what I have heard.

A second bit of advice involves homework and tests.  I know you can't just not assign stuff and just give everyone 100s on test, but try to be lenient on test dates.  Junior year was honestly the worst year of high school by an enormous margin. However, Mr. Fisk was always willing to move a test back a day if we had other stuff going on.  Sometimes we had a test in 7/8 of our classes in one day.  Just take the time to ask what else is going on and the students will greatly appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment